Ripley’s Believe It or Not®
Ripley's Entertainment Inc. / Ripley’s Believe It or Not® • Museums & Edu-tainment • April 2002
Experience the bizarre, explore the mysterious, and enjoy the weird at Ripley’s Believe It or Not Ocean City, MD, where A&ES does its best work!
Curiosity seekers are in for a treat at the best spot for family fun on The Boardwalk! Ripley’s Odditorium in Ocean City amazes and awes every visit from shrunken heads to some incredible artwork. When the boardwalk attraction—Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum with A&ES’s 50-foot-long, animated shark attack crashing through it—opened in May 2002, it returned to the same building where a Ripley’s had operated years earlier. Ripley’s Entertainment Inc. owns and operates 40 attractions in nine countries.
Outside Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum, A&ES creates the imaginative design/build of the 50-foot-long, animated shark crashing through it. Inside the Ocean City location are more than 500 one-of-a-kind curiosities worldwide, including dinosaur artifacts, shrunken heads, torture chamber devices, and an autopsy table. From the world’s rarest egg to an authentic shrunken head, there is something for everyone with over 500 mind-boggling exhibits, illusions, and interactives throughout 12 extraordinarily themed galleries. Take a selfie with the world’s tallest man, and strike a pose at our 18th Century Spanish Public Humiliation Stock. Challenge curiosities with firsthand interactive displays, and try to find a way out of the Black-Light Spinning Tunnel! The museum also houses a 42-foot replica roller coaster that it took a man 12 years to build and a meteorite from Mars worth more than $1 million.
- Larger than life FRP 3-D animatronic great white shark including mechanical effects and show controls
- Scenically treated broken boards and scenic painting/distressing
- Dimensional signage
- 3-D sculpted scale physical model
- Steel structure and waterproofing for mechanical effects
- Onsite coordination and installation
- Research and analysis of the client’s goals and requirements
- Assessment of preliminary space plans
- Provision of project management services, including preparation of project budgets and schedules
- Preparation of construction documents, consisting of plans, details, and specifications
- Preparation of construction documents to adhere to regional building and fire codes
- Identify facility impacts between contractor and A&ES components
- The organization, coordination, and planning
- Pre-production and prototyping
- Thermoplastic fabrication
- Shop drawings (CAD)
- Water-jet metal shapes
- CNC machining
- Architectural millwork
- Specialty automotive paint prepping and finishing
- Fiberglass production (FRP)
- 3-Dimensional design and fabrication
- Complete design specification services
- In-house fabrication
- Turnkey installation
Ripley’s Believe It or Not Odditorium houses the most extraordinary collection of unbelievably odd and unusual items ever assembled under one roof, from this world and beyond. The exhibition captures Ripley’s essence, the eccentric collector who proved to the world that truth could indeed be stranger than fiction.