LEGOLAND® Beach Retreat
LEGOLAND® • Hotels & Resorts • May 2017
LEGOLAND® Beach Retreat is a vibrantly hued hotel decked out in full beach attire—beach-inspired bungalows, beach-inspired dining, and even a real signature lighthouse with a rotating, energy-efficient LED light inside that glows at night!
Life is a beach at LEGOLAND Beach Retreat on the waterfront in Winter Haven, FL. Located just 3/4 of a mile from the entrance of LEGOLAND Florida and on Lake Dexter’s shores, this vacation oasis is the first of its kind among LEGOLAND’s resorts worldwide. Along with LEGO® building sets’ creativity, the surf and sand make an innovatively fun combination. The Beach Retreat has 83 single-story bungalows offering 166 separate rooms that sleep up to five and offers picturesque lake views. Thirteen horseshoe-shaped groupings called “coves” surround the Beach Retreat bungalows. Each cove has an outdoor play area within sight of the bungalows’ shaded patios, so parents can relax while kids romp and run. Designed to look like larger-than-life LEGO sets, each cottage includes a cozy area just for kids with a bunk bed, trundle bed, and privacy curtain. Because of size, these suites are ideal for large families and groups traveling together at LEGOLAND Florida Resort.
Parents appreciate the speedy, drive-through check-in service that takes guests from the car to their bungalow cove in minutes. This perk makes staying at the Beach Retreat as carefree as a day at the beach! Along with picturesque lake views and a giant LEGO lighthouse featuring a real rotating beacon, LEGOLAND Beach Retreat highlights are many.
- Giant swimming pool next to The Lighthouse, with a sandy area perfect for building sandcastles and the resort’s most prominent outdoor play structure for kids
- Sandy’s Castle Restaurant, featuring a bountiful menu of entrees, sides, and desserts designed to please the palates of kids and grownups alike
- Each night’s stay includes a delicious breakfast buffet
- Bricks Beach Bar, offering an eclectic menu of made-to-order food, drinks, and creative cocktails served both poolside and indoors
- Palm Tree Traders, a large retail shop stocked with LEGO building sets and Minifigures, apparel, toys, swimwear, snacks, and sundries
- Hands-on LEGO building activity where kids can contribute their original creations to a giant sandcastle made out of thousands of LEGO bricks
- Free Wi-Fi accessible throughout the entire site, indoors and out
- Complimentary transportation to the theme park entrance
- Early access to the theme park, so guests have exclusive use of some of the most popular attractions
Attraction & Entertainment Solutions is always ready to work on fun projects featuring LEGOLAND family experiences. And the LEGOLAND Florida Beach Retreat is no exception. A&ES team is the theming contractor for these entertainment complexes. Our professional designers, artists, and fabricators’ unique talents help the team execute elaborate plans for LEGOLAND amusement parks and attractions.
Dive into the LEGOLAND Beach Retreat’s village-style layout. Each of the 166 separate rooms dons whimsical LEGO® décor inside and out. The brightly colored cottages create 13 sections, each named after a popular LEGO Minifigure, including Shark Suit Guy, Ocean King, and Sea Captain. Each center around an outdoor play area with fun and challenging elements, all within view of the bungalows’ shaded patios, where parents can put their feet up, kick back and relax while kids play.
Surf’s up at the poolside Bricks Beach Bar, where music creates an atmosphere and surfers chill by the cool pool. Visit the LEGO Lifeguard Beach Station featuring Lifeguard LEGO Minifigures, including a LEGO built bird, crab, and starfish in magnificent colors.
Eat at the Beach Retreat Restaurant, which features a 40-foot-tall LEGO lighthouse with glowing lights, LEGO palm trees, LEGO Minifigures, acoustical cloud shapes, and LEGO wall graphics. Build a sandcastle brick play station at Vacation Lodge, consisting of 83 beach-themed bungalows with white picket fences, LEGO surfboards, and LEGO inspired shudders, LEGO round gable vents, and LEGO saw tooth roof gables.
The 45-foot Lighthouse is in the center of the property and home to the restaurant, bar, retail store, and sandcastle-themed LEGO building area. The Lighthouse, sand, and beach-themed bungalows create an outdoor oasis for both parents and tadpoles to enjoy!
- Research and analysis of the client’s goals and requirements
- Assessment of preliminary space plans
- Provision of Project Management services including preparation of project budgets and schedules
- Preparation of construction documents, consisting of plans, details, and specifications
- Preparation of construction documents to adhere to regional building and fire codes
- Identify facility impacts between Contractor and A&ES components
- Logistics coordination and planning
- Pre-production and prototyping
- Complete Design specification services
- In-house fabrication
- Shop drawings (CAD)
- Water-jet metal shapes
- CNC machining
- Architectural Millwork
- Specialty Automotive Paint prepping and finishing
- Fiberglass Production(FRP)
- 3-Dimensional design and fabrication
- Architectural Millwork
- Turn-Key Installation
Escape to the relaxation of a lakeside bungalow at LEGOLAND Beach Retreat. Across the street from the LEGOLAND Florida theme park & water park, this unique accommodation combines the fun of surf and sand with LEGO’s creativity.
A&ES takes the plunge doing LEGOLAND’s Beach Retreat design and build!
Get wet n wild at LEGOLAND Beach Retreat…