LEGOLAND® • Merlin Entertainments • Amusement Parks & Attractions • October 2011
A&ES creates a world-class theme park for Merlin Entertainments’ LEGOLAND® Florida…
With the advantage of scenic design development by the A&ES team, LEGOLAND Florida is a colorful place of wonder for kids of all ages! A unique attraction blending the popular construction toy with Florida’s legendary Cypress Gardens’ natural beauty, LEGOLAND Florida is a benchmark of excellence in the theme park arena. A&ES, one of Florida’s best design/build companies, provides Merlin Entertainments with design development, fabrication, installation of scenery, props, and an interactive water feature at the fantastic Florida attraction. It is one of 10 fabulous LEGOLAND theme parks, the others in Billund, California, Deutschland, Dubai, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New York, and Windsor.
LEGOLAND Florida, located on 32 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, showcases water rides, replicas of cities and buildings, walkways, giant LEGO statues, and many stations buying and building LEGO toys. It is the largest LEGOLAND theme park yet. With the magic touch of A&ES, it is a cut above the ordinary, making Merlin Entertainments thrilled to welcome more visitors than ever!
A&ES expands its magic making themed construction and fabrication on various features throughout the venue.
- Themed crates, barrels, pulleys, and nautical props for LEGO boating school
- LEGO Octan themed oil barrels
- LEGO Octan gas pumps
- Queue line 3-D airplane
- 3-D radar dish and windsock
- Wave sculpture to interact with LEGO built Minifigure
- LEGO 3-D fire truck
- Interactive water target game windows for LEGO fire department
- LEGO-themed props, including Minifigure hand truck, sawhorses, cement mixer, construction barriers, paint cans, etc.
- 3-D Minifigure hot dog cart
- 3-D cargo truck with LEGO built dinosaur
- 3-D layered signage
- Research and analysis of the client’s goals and requirements
- Assessment of preliminary space plans
- Provision of project management services including preparation of project budgets and schedules
- Preparation of construction documents, consisting of plans, details, and specifications
- Preparation of construction documents to adhere to regional building and fire codes
- Identify facility impacts between contractor and A&ES components
- The organization, coordination, and planning
- Pre-production and prototyping
- Thermoplastic fabrication
- Shop drawings (CAD)
- Water-jet metal shapes
- CNC machining
- Architectural millwork
- Specialty automotive paint prepping and finishing
- Fiberglass Production (FRP)
- 3-Dimensional design and fabrication
- Complete design specification services
- In-house fabrication
- Turnkey installation
For family fun and adventure, LEGOLAND Florida is hard to beat.