The Rockwell Group • Retail & Restaurants • February 2006
A&ES creative talent helps raise ranking of Paradise Island’s Japanese Restaurant—Nobu…
Taste paradise! Enter the ultra-modern cold-cathode wasabi-green gate of joy glowing archway at Atlantis, Paradise Island resort, which signifies Japanese Chef Nobu Matsuhisa officially opens the doors to his newest Nobu outpost—the first in The Caribbean. In both atmosphere and menu, Nobu at Atlantis blazes a new trail for the renowned chef, infusing his cutting-edge Japanese style with a Bahamian influence. The result is a dramatic and distinctly sophisticated urban dining experience with a progressive island vibe. Located off the Atlantis Casino, Nobu is the signature restaurant of The Royal Towers and serves dinner nightly while the sushi bar and the lounge stay open later for guests who savor the nightlife.
The stunning, 7,100-square-foot space was designed by the Rockwell Group with signature A&ES elements, using traditional and modern Japanese elements and inspiration. Ash, river stones, branches, woven textiles and fishing baskets are juxtaposed with more man-made ideas of light and composition in order to create a rich and spectacular dining space.
Once inside, a large glowing bar, presided over by a wall of backlit bottles, provides casual seating for dinner guests and a hot spot for those looking to enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail. Nearby, a backlit onyx sushi bar offers guests the opportunity to watch the art of sushi preparation. Toward the back is a private dining room defined by floor to ceiling artwork of Japanese cherry blossoms.
- Custom translucent cracked glass and resin entry with specialty lighting
- Dimensional sign lettering
- Custom suspended stone art installation
- Custom glass and bamboo-infused resin hostess stand
- Custom upholstered ceiling dome
- Onsite coordination and installation
- Research and analysis of the client’s goals and requirements
- Assessment of preliminary space plans
- Provision of project management services including preparation of project budgets and schedules
- Preparation of construction documents, consisting of plans, details, and specifications
- Preparation of construction documents to adhere to regional building and fire codes
- Identify facility impacts between contractor and A&ES components
- The organization, coordination, and planning
- Pre-production and prototyping
- Thermoplastic fabrication
- Shop drawings (CAD)
- Water-jet metal shapes
- CNC machining
- Architectural millwork
- Specialty automotive paint prepping and finishing
- Fiberglass Production (FRP)
- 3-Dimensional design and fabrication
- Complete design specification services
- In-house fabrication
- Turnkey installation
Nobu is a little taste of paradise and the talent inherent in A&ES…Savor the ancient spicy sweet Japanese flavors of sake, sushi, sashimi & soba. Creative cuisine by Chef Matsuhisa. Creative ambiance by the A&ES team of skilled artisans.