Olives Restaurant at Atlantis Resort & Casino
Woslee Construction (Bahamas) / Jeffrey Bears International (New York) • Retail & Restaurants • 2015
Enjoy A&ES’s ornamental décor while indulging in paradise’s palatable pleasures…
Atlantis Resort and Casino, the Bahamas, well-known for its Casino, luxurious hotels, fine dining, and entertainment attractions, has another signature restaurant on its world-class culinary roster – Olives Atlantis, presented by renowned chef Todd English.
Olives Atlantis offers a warm, casual dining experience featuring world-renowned chef Todd English’s signature interpretive Mediterranean cuisine and a variety of coastal dishes prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients. Olives Atlantis features an expansive open kitchen where Chef English’s team prepares dishes from a rotisserie grill, where guests can enjoy made-to-order cuts of meat and grilled fish, such as the fresh catch-of-the-day. The Raw Bar offers a tempting just-caught seafood display with daily offerings of shellfish, clams, oysters, and a wood-burning oven highlighting English’s infamous thin-crust flatbread pizzas. Guests can also sit and sip on Olives’ award-winning wines and delicious cocktails as they take in the energy and excitement of the Atlantis Casino.
Designed by interior architect and designer Jeffrey Beers International, Olives Atlantis features an interior rich with golden light, colorful textiles, and ornamental décor, creating a coastal Caribbean atmosphere that deepens and enhances the dining experience.
Because of the complexity of coordinating the design, pre-production (prototyping), production, and fabrication, the project presented a unique challenge requiring precise organization, efficient task management, and timely coordination between the various construction, design, and production teams. The result was another phenomenally successful, engaging, and rewarding project.
In a highly-coordinated effort with Woslee Construction (Bahamas) and Jeffrey Bears International (NY), A&ES creates custom fabricating the decorative metal rolling doors, curved screens, and polished copper back bar adorn the restaurant interior. Fabricating to precise specifications using water-jet cutting technology, the many pieces of the intricately detailed aluminum shapes and custom seeded glass are assembled, welded, sanded, and coated with specialty scenic finishes by the A&ES creative team.
- Research and analysis of the client’s goals and requirements
- Assessment of preliminary space plans
- Provision of project management services including preparation of project budgets and schedules
- Preparation of construction documents, consisting of plans, details, and specifications
- Preparation of construction documents to adhere to regional building and fire codes
- Identify facility impacts between contractor and A&ES components
- The organization, coordination, and planning
- Pre-production and prototyping
- Thermoplastic fabrication
- Shop drawings (CAD)
- Water-jet metal shapes
- CNC machining
- Architectural millwork
- Specialty automotive paint prepping and finishing
- Fiberglass production (FRP)
- 3-Dimensional design and fabrication
- Complete design specification services
- In-house fabrication
- Turnkey installation
Sink your teeth into the highest caliber of ambiance and delicious cuisine at Olives…